When I read a book by Ainsley St. Claire I know I am going to revisit some of the memorable characters from various series. First of all, the book is great without knowing all the background of some of the secondary characters, but you will feel like part of the gang by the time you are finished reading the story.
Clear Security is one of the entities that is part of all the suspense stories and we meet Clay who is part of their medical team for the first time. He has quite the reputation as a ladies’ man and the constant pinging of text messages from interested women seem to reinforce that image.
He and Anna meet unexpectedly and a series of threatening events and break-ins make Clay suggest Anna needs protection.
So Clay is a gorgeous, intelligent guy committed to bachelorhood and Anna beautiful, clever and sassy. She’s not a jealous shrew, but she also has a history of less than faithful boyfriends and not willing to go down that road again.
I like how grounded and not full of himself Clay is, and how mature and devoted to family Anna is. Their chemistry is hot. Their drama is understandable and not annoying. I enjoyed the book and will look for Cora’s story.
I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
No comments:
Post a Comment