One of the reasons Sophie Lark is one of my favorite authors is because she can be counted on to do something that stretches one’s intellect as well as imagination, and Anastasia is an example of this. It’s a loose retelling with fantasy elements, dark elements, and an impressive creation of her Anastasia’s world. The attention to detail about the Cossack army, for example, made it feel so authentic.
I am not a reader of historical fiction, but right from the start I was hooked because of the characters. Even the secondary characters are memorable and significant. I admit I did want more romance not only because I like romance, but because of Anastasia and Damien’s romance.
I have to mention the stunning artwork throughout the book. I loved the ones of Anastasia and Damien, but also the more fantastical imagery that stopped my reading so I could study the color and detail.
I received an advanced copy of this book to read and this is my voluntary review.
No comments:
Post a Comment