Saturday, February 4, 2023

See Me After Class by Meghan Quinn

As a teacher, I tend to avoid teacher romances, but Meghan Quinn is a favorite author of mine so I thought I’d see her take on this by reading Greer and Arlo’s story, SEE ME AFTER CLASS.  The school setting and associated characters were done well (with some “suspend disbelief” private moments at work). The conflict in teaching methodologies was familiar. The relationships between the teachers pretty typical and funny.  To make it a teeny bit odd, I know teachers that taught in the high school district the school is modeled on.

And I loved the story!  Arlo’s grump factor was so high that watching him fall is greatly satisfying.  Greer had that self awareness few women her age and at that point in career are capable.  The two of them together go from volatile to hot like a bullet.  Gunner and Romeo reminded me of some pranksters I worked with (is it always the PE teachers?).

It’s a fun story imbedded in a book about relationships, friendship and loyalty

No comments:

Post a Comment