:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Saturday, May 11, 2024

Signs of Trouble by Anna Alkire

First, despite not liking several thing about the book, I did finish it because it had that element of chaos that made me want to stick around to see what was going to happen.

I may not have felt connected to the characters in SIGNS OF TROUBLE because I started to feel like it was meant to appeal to young college age people. The lack of depth in the relationships, the haphazard way of conducting life, the multiple phone mishaps, etc. were really beyond my interest.

But it was interesting was the older, grumpy single dad, his precocious and well depicted son, and his ease of stepping up to take care of the baby that kept me reading. Him falling for her was not told in a convincing manner, but his value as a great guy was clear.

No comments: