:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Lies He Told Me by Nicole Fox

What I think made this a good book was the details of Joy’s life and meeting of Gavril.  I could feel the same anxiety she felt for her safety because of the excellent writing.  She solidifies my affinity for this character when we see what she asks for when Gavril says she can have “anything she wants”.  I do wish her natural talent had been played up a little more.

Gavril’s fate was set fro the first chapter in how he dealt with his brother.  He is such a study in contrasts of character traits ranging from generous and caring to murderous and heartless.

The Gavril and Joy’s chemistry is off the charts from the first time their eyes meet.  Their passionate moments burn up the kindle.  The story has a HEA and is a standalone, but also the first in a new series about this Bratva.

No comments: