:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Saturday, October 24, 2020

Roxanne: The Italian Cartel #2 by Shandi Boyes

So Book 2 picks up right after Book 1 ends with a better explanation of the photo Dimitri shows Roxanne. 

Book 2 is full of suspense.  Dimitri is consumed with such barely controlled rage.  I keep expecting him to soften up because of Roxanne but other than a few incidences measured in minutes, his outward persona is surly at best and murderous at worst,

Roxanne is a great character.  A strong, smart woman that would sacrifice what was necessary for Dimitri’s daughter.  She really comes into her own in this book and begins (albeit slowly) to break down Dimitri’s anger and violent responses.

There are a lot of characters to keep straight in this story - and I am still confused about how some of them fit in.  I had to re-read Book 1 before I could read Book 2 and be still in the loop.

If you like stories with suspense, steamy scenes, torturing and killing people  (that deserve it) rival mafias, betrayals and a mystery that has gone on for 2 years, read this book.  Yes, it ends in a cliffhanger, too, but the next book is due out soon,

No comments: