I enjoyed this book because the mafia part of the story was very interesting and original. I loved the second chance romance because there really was no hesitation when they saw one another again even though the terms they left under caused a lot of hurt.
When the guy becomes hardened because he lost his true love, it makes for a great romance when the get back together. Knowing that he actually pined for her is a bonus. Tomas is such a study in contrasts and those contrasts give the story its heart.
Corrine was a surprise. Once reunited with Tomas, she showed not only how intelligent she is, but her confidence and feistiness comes through. She uses that feistiness to for unselfish reasons. I like a heroine with spirit and sass, but not one that talks to her man in such a way that makes you wonder what he sees in her. Corrine is so not like this and it is refreshing.
I read the book in one sitting. This is a good example of a dark mafia romance with a bit more emphasis on the romance than the mafia.
No comments:
Post a Comment