:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Monday, February 8, 2021

King’s Treasure by Marie Johnston

I really liked this story.  Xander was the “artsy” King brother and I have to admit both Savvy and I were pretty frustrated with his wanderlust lifestyle and a aversion to planning.  However, Xander and I were pretty frustrated with Savvy’s relationship with her parents.

I understood both characters having traveled to unfamiliar cities myself and you can either feel helpless (Savvy) or can travel the world in a small suitcase and a backpack (Xander).  Each had their issues with growing up that played heavily in their choices.

The relationship was frustrating to all three of us. They were all over each other one moment, and leaving each other the next.  Good writing kept the tension high and kept me up late to find out what happened. 

No comments: