Micah is one of the best mafia romance heroes I’ve read for awhile. He never loses his cool yet he’s always right where his wife needs him to protect her. He is domineering but not mean. He wants to take the business legitimate routes. He expects Lena to obey him and punishes her calmly when she doesn’t. He doesn’t let her push his buttons and she is used to being able to do that.
Lena comes off as spoiled at first, but you’ll come to appreciate her for her honesty, sincerity and ability to fix things she does wrong. Micah actually likes her strength and feisty attitude.
The relationships to watch are those with their fathers. It is the old world mafia vs the new and how best to honor the family.
This is a really good story because of the dynamic between Lena and Micah and because it peripherally deals with issues of organized crime and human trafficking. I loved the ending.
I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
No comments:
Post a Comment