:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Friday, March 19, 2021

Oops, I’ve Fallen by Max Monroe

Max Monroe has that knack for creating the dreamiest leading men and captivating leading women.  In OOPS, I’VE FALLEN, Ryan and Carly arrive from In Florida from New York and Vail, respectively, to attend to their parents who are neighbors in a retirement community.  If you are familiar with their novels, you will know what I mean when I say that Ryan comes close to unseating Kline Brooks (from Swoony Billionaire) as my book boyfriend.  I don’t want to spoil it and say why, though.

So they end up spending 3 or 4 weeks at this retirement community getting embroiled in some bitter (but hilarious) retirement community politics and uncomfortable (but head shaking) parent-child role reversal with their parents.  Carly, not being one to be bound by rules, finds herself in some eyebrow raising shenanigans only Ryan seems to be able to talk her down from.

I just thoroughly enjoyed this book.  I kept getting worried it would end before I had my fill of these hot, funny, endearing characters, and of course it did end but in a teary and satisfying way.  This is another one Max and Monroe have hit out of the park!

No comments: