:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Wednesday, June 9, 2021

When We’re Thirty by Casey Dembrowski

Will and Hannah made a marriage pact in college to marry each other if they had not gotten married by the time they were thirty. The day after Hannah’s 30th birthday, Will turned up on Hannah’s doorstep to propose

A marriage of convenience is proposed each having something to gain from being married.  But if only it were just that simple.

WHEN WE’RE THIRTY is a well written novel of navigating the family as a newly married couple they knew nothing about.  How a couple couple tries to develop their relationship amidst half truths, betrayal, mistrust, and other forces working to keep them apart.

I really enjoyed their love story.  I admired Hannah’s strength and honesty.  I worried that Will was easily hurt and vulnerable.  The manipulation and heartbreaking moments kept me reading until the end.  Good book!

No comments: