:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Chasing Her Fire by Claire Kingsley

I wanted Logan’s book for a long time because of his energy and playboy ways.  I expected a down to earth girl would descend upon the town and reform him with her goodness and calm.

But, no.  The wild Bailey boy has a one night stand with the craziest girl in town, and they have done nothing but antagonize one another since they first met.

So what we get is a very unpredictable pairing of two volatile characters that find out they are having a baby together.  What results Is a story that shows what “man up” means and how fragile people wear the mask that is easiest for them until they are able to trust.

The whole Bailey gang is part of it and the overarching story of the Montgomery treasure takes a step further involving the squirrels and some unexpected danger.  It ends with the tease for Levi’s story and I will just say, I had a feeling I knew what Levi was up to…

No comments: