As soon as I saw the Prelude entitled “Luciano”, I knew I was going to enjoy this book. The first book in the series, Reign of Pride introduced both Grazia and Luciano and while this book is a fine stand alone, it is much better after reading Reign of Pride first. You don’t really have to read book 2 before book three, but trust me, you will want to read book 1 first.
What I liked most about REIGN OF POSSESSION was that Luciano has had a thing for the Don’s daughter since she was in high school and sitting in on the discussions of who would be the man she would be matched with to the advantage of La Famaglia was excruciating for Luciano.
Grazia becoming a wife from being his best friend’s little sister was a highlight of the story. The suspense surrounding one of her proposed suitors and him violating the traditional rules regarding the respect for the family’s women, the honor of his family and the loyalty to the mafia made for a great story. Traditional roles for women such as in Luciano and Grazia’s marriage and the women in their circle were also a highlight of the story.
There are so many more doors opened during this story that I will be looking closely for another book or two in the series.
No comments:
Post a Comment