:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Friday, August 27, 2021

Reign of Pride by A.G. Kirkham

I waited awhile to read this book thinking there was always another book that I might like a little more. Why did I wait? I loved this book? It is my favorite kind of arranged marriage book - a made man, soon to be Don, sees the woman he wants long before he actually marries her. She is strong, but listens to her father and does what is best for the family.

What kept me up late reading this story is how it was written in a traditional style evoking the old world flavor of the male dominated mafia family with the devoted women kept out of the fray. Most importantly the husband being so enamored with his wife that her safety is paramount and he must never show to the “outside” that his wife and family are a weakness they can exploit.

REIGN OF PRIDE has the implied torture, the betrayal, rivalry, kidnapping, bloodshed and mafia wars of its counterparts but with memorable characters and a compelling storyline from the very first page.

I received an advanced copy for free, and am leaving this review voluntarily.

No comments: