The basic premise of the story is that Poppy and Alex start going on vacation every year for 12 years, but, of course the rest of the year they have their “real life”. Alex live no s in a small town in Ohio they both grew up in, and Poppy writes for a travel magazine in NYC, taking trips all over the world.
What make it a great book is the idiosyncrasies of Alex and Poppy. Suffice to say they are different. Things are also different for them when they are together traveling as friends. They even keep their Summer Trip plans when they are dating people.
The writing is excellent. The humor had me laughing out loud. The comments Poppy makes are so clever and intelligent-humor wise. While I understood why the timeline in the story was not linear, I don’t get as invested in books that jump back and forth between the past and present. I think I miss out on the emotional build up that way.
No comments:
Post a Comment