:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Saturday, September 18, 2021

The Thing About Love by Julie James

The romance part of this story will satisfy all those that love a good story of two talented, smart and hot people start out as annoyances to one another because of their perfectionist, competitive personalities.  Jessica and John met years earlier in FBI training but fate brings them together temporarily in the Chicago FBI office for an undercover case.

This is a profession where female agents are uncommon and author Julie James makes note of that without making her character feel she always has to prove herself because she is a woman.  Conversely, John is a character that respects and admires her skills so it was refreshing that Jessica wasn’t forever having to defend her femininity in the workplace even though she was sent on certain jobs only a female could do.

I don’t read many law enforcement themed stories so I was surprised how much I liked the overall corruption story as well as the background information about the FBI.  I plan to read more books by this author.

No comments: