:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Monday, October 25, 2021

Too Hot To Hate by Summer Brooks

The feel I got from TOO HOT TO HATE was rather morose.  Jen definitely had her funny moments, but I overall felt sad for her for her life to date, her job, her relationship with her boss, and how all that seemed to drag her down.

I couldn’t feel much better for Oliver.  He seemed so lonely, bitter and maybe inept at relationships with others.  Neither of them could say what they felt to one another when it mattered most.

I didn’t like the style chosen to write the book

- dual POV but in the first person.  The characters’ internal dialogue made me uncomfortable for some reason.  The story itself was good, the vibe just wasn’t for me.

No comments: