:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Sunday, February 20, 2022

Welcome To The Dark Side (Fallen Men 2) by Giana Darling

I stumbled across this title in a book group.  While I have read only a handful of MC romances, the recommendation of a possessive protector and young girl persistent in keeping in touch with her hero until she grew up and could be with him check all my boxes.  Even more attractive was their diverse backgrounds and defining the notion of family. 

What I loved about the writing was how the author marked the passage of the years between the time Lou and Zeus met when she was 7 and the time they met again when she was 17.  Usually those walks through the past are boring, but you need to read this to see how well it can be done.

I also liked the supporting characters and the perfect mix of drama, romance and criminal enterprises. I was in tears more than once and it takes a lot to get me going down that road.

I am definitely going to read more in this series.  They are supposed to be standalone, but I can tell it helps enjoy the entire Fallen MC world to read the books in order.

No comments: