ONE NIGHT ONLY has Jenn meeting Aaron one night at a gala. She is a server and doesn’t know he is a famous hockey player with a reputation with the ladies.
How you approach this story depends on what you are looking for. If you want something fast and steamy, this book fits the bill. It falls short, in my opinion, in portraying a love at first sight type of encounter.
From the start, I found Jenn to be a bit of a handwringer. As the story went on, I couldn’t get a solid feel for Aaron. He wanted someone to like him for himself without his public persona yet he still put seemed to place high regard on the trappings of fame.
I think this story has a lot of potential that may have been diminished somewhat by the length or by the target audience.
I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
No comments:
Post a Comment