:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Saturday, May 21, 2022

The Chasing of Eleanor Vane by Sierra Simone

I am used to reading Sierra Simone’s contemporary romances, so I gave the historical genre a try by reading THE CHASING OF ELEANOR VANE.

Poor sensible, organized and above reproach Eleanor gets engaged to the nephew of the Duke - a nephew whose antics are well known and Eleanor chosen to set him on the proper path.

Ajax, the Duke in a sort of self exile since his wife died nearly two decades prior, wants to give up the estate to his nephew so he no longer has to be bothered with it.

But then Ajax and Eleanor meet, each keeping their distance but letting their thoughts run lose.  Eleanor, whose thoughts have been tickled by secretly witnessing the debauchery of the wealthy, is not willing to lend herself to a dark and lonely existence.

I liked the story.  I didn’t find it too original, however.  The writing is excellent, as always.  To really appreciate how well it is done, I think back to the author’s contemporary novels.  Being easily immersed the words and atmosphere of the regency era was a particular plus of this book.

No comments: