At the beginning of the book, there is an explanation of how Cooper is connected to other characters in this and other series. I have read the other books so I was familiar with the couples but not with how Cooper played a role in their lives. But in way that is part of the story. Cooper is one the most prolific “I know a guy” people. He sails through life with energy, exuberance and fun.
Waverly didn’t let game ruin her down to earth and empathetic persona. She doesn’t sail as easily as Cooper. She’s more of a small group, quiet person when not performing.
So they knew one another in high school and meet again 8 years later after being kept apart by an orchestrated misunderstanding. The book follows their whirlwind lives that make it almost impossible to be together. Add in their families, friends, employees, teammates, and more and you have a story chock full of people. At times it was a bit too much but it also created the energy associated with Cooper.
I enjoyed the book and loved the ending. What a twist!
No comments:
Post a Comment