SUITE ON THE BOSS features two people who immerse themselves in work. They enjoy their work. They are good at it. But, it also protects them from having the free time to spend with another person that could ultimately hurt them.
Isaac and Sophia are drawn together from the start. What I really liked about the way the story was written is that every time something happened to make either one pull back to protect themselves, it wasn’t just a high drama person fretting over nothing.
They started out with a mutually beneficial fake relationship that they were careful not to let cross boundaries between work and pleasure. Of course the book would not have been so good if they had succeeded. The slow burn isn’t that slow, but it does get steamy.
Sophia really surprised me near the end staying true to her convictions at a time when it would have been so easy to cave. Isaac had some explaining to do!
I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.
No comments:
Post a Comment