:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Lavish Corruption by Stasia Black and Alta Hensley

I’ve been with the Breaking Belles series since book 1 so I know how depraved this people can get.  Walker’s story is LAVISH CORRUPTION and really drives home the shackles of the family legacies attached to The Oleander.

This story is different because of how Jasmine ends up being Walker’s replacement Belle.  Her is Sully, the only guy that refused to finish the trials and was, as far as southern society was concerned, an outcast. He lost his rights to the family business which will pass to Jasmine, but they are trying to marry her off instead of letting her run it.

It becomes clear there is some taste by the Elder’s - Walker’s father specifically - to make an example of the consequences of Sully’s defiance through his sister.  Walker’s dad is one sick dude.

The story is about carrying out these Trials and they are every bit as debauched and depraved as previous initiations with us wondering how Jasmine will survive the intensity.  Great finish to series I really enjoyed.

I received an advance copy of the book and this is my  voluntary review.

No comments: