I devour Nicole Fox books, but WHISKEY POISON was disappointing. Piper is forced to be a nanny to a 6 month old child Timofey has acquired. Over halfway through the book, she’s only touched the child three times. But that’s not the frustrating part. It’s the constant battle over every little thing that wore me down. It’s the promises, then lies, then broken promises over and over that made it hard to like Piper at all.
I did like the way Timofey’s many layers were revealed. He was also hard to like, but these glimpses of his other side were promising and not only explained a lot, but drove the intrigue in the story. It made it hard to accept that he’d put up with Piper very long.
The book was too long. I really had a hard time reading it for an extended period of time. If half the bickering and being difficult were cut out, it would be easier to read.
I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
No comments:
Post a Comment