...or you will find your customers buying from them, not you. Mark Cuban
I don't think Mark Cuban owns the local Hobby Lobby. If he did, the Assistant Manager would be looking for another job.
Yesterday I went there for some wire wrapping materials that are out of stock every time I go there. I thought I should let someone know I would be a satisfied customer if I could get those materials once in awhile. The cashier calls for the Assistant Manager who explains to me that she orders as many of these items as she is allowed to each week and they are always sold out within a day or so. The company will not let her order more. (Sounds like sound business practice to me).
I asked when the new supplies come in and she said Tuesdays (yesterday) and they get them out on the shelf Wednesday.
Today, Wednesday at 5PM, I go to Hobby Lobby and the Assistant Manager is stocking a section of the jewelry. I thought I was finally going to get my wire! Of course she recognized me from our conversation but, she is the Assistant Manager and I am just the customer and she told me that even though she was stocking the new jewelry making items I was probably going to have to wait "awhile" before she got to what I wanted. She acted like I wasn't there and continued working uninterrupted instead of going to the box to see if maybe what I wanted was easy to get to so I could leave a happy customer.
I certainly wasn't going to stand there waiting, so I said "I think it would take less time if I drive to Michael's and see if they have it out on the shelf already" and I left.
She also has a very bad hairstyle.
No comments:
Post a Comment