:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Monday, August 1, 2011

A fool and his money are soon parted...

I made my first jewelry sale yesterday and then blew it by giving the piece away instead. I feel guilty asking for money for something that isn't work. Sure, the beads are what I should be thinking about, but I still feel guilty asking for more than what they are worth. Sure, I may have used 5 beads in a bracelet and still have 10 sitting there unused. Sure, I have to pay for tools and classes. Sure, the quality of the beads are nothing like what they are like in stores so people are getting really good quality materials.

I was able to establish three pricing categories:

Category 1: Friends will be the cost of materials x2. Minimum for a single strand is $10.
Category 2: The general public will be cost of materials x3 plus $10 an hour for design and labor.
Category 3: People that have pissed me off pricing will depend on how much they have pissed me off, but it will be at least $10 more than Category 2.

The actual pricing is based on some online jewelry calculators and I am going ridiculously low.

I'm not cut out for this business stuff.

No comments: