:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Sunday, August 28, 2011

There has been much tragedy in my life...

...At least half of it actually happened. -Mark Twain

I got burned for that last God/hurricane post by waking up with a Complex Migraine that put me out of commission from 4 AM to 1PM. That's a 4 hour improvement over last week, though. Mr. Skunk is very helpful during these episodes but I think he secretly enjoys being left alone while I am sleeping through it. I think he periodically looks in to see if I am still alive, but I can't be sure of that.

As usual, everyone seems disappointed the hurricane wasn't worse. Is it the expense of all that round the clock coverage that didn't make it worth it. I watched MSNBC more than if their usual weekend Cell Block stuff was on.

Subject three, Indy cars are starting in 10 minutes. I picked Helio and felt good about it. I root for him anyway but at least he has a chance unless they told him (and Briscoe) to make sure Will gets the points he needs and Dario doesn't.

Also in Indy Car racing it looks like a full circle has been completed. Indy 500 winner Dan Wheldon will replace Japanica at Andretti Autosports. The last time DW won the 500 he drove for Andretti but was overshadowed in that race by the marketing of She's Badica.

I hope they don't have plans for a DW motorcycle photo shoot.

No comments: