:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Dan Wheldon 1978-2011

I can't think of anything smart, profound or insightful to write. I just wanted to say a few words to memorialize my experiences with Dan Wheldon.
The first Indy 500 he won in 2005, I picked him to win. In 2007 he autographed a mini helmet for me. I was first in line that day and waited 2 hours at the Chicagoland Speedway to get his autograph on the helmet and I have his picture signing it. I bring it to school every year when we do ratio and proportion so at least one student can say "is his head that small?" He's one of the drivers that smiled and looked the fan in the eye when giving an autograph.
I enjoyed watching him race as much as a lot of my favorite drivers. I am sad for his family and will miss him in an Indy Car.
RIP Lionheart.

No comments: