It wasn't except for those faithful to the bead. Making our first appearance at The Suburban Bead Encounter, we figured things out quickly. First of all, half off meant they were up all night jacking up their prices. Some people had beads bigger than your fist. I'm sorry, but that's not a bead. Every table had a sale bin that you couldn't get to unless you had sharp elbows. I got some good deals there.
Some people clearly not only knew what they were doing, but were on a quest for the perfect set of beads for whatever they were making. In Zen- like trances they picked through piles of beads finding those that had whatever attribute they saw in them. They laid them out on litte trays, mats or dishes in a way that spoke only to them.
I sort of hunted and pecked. Maybe next time I'll have more focus.
No comments:
Post a Comment