...are greatly exaggerated. - Mark Twain
The Skunk lives and has resurfaced to blog another day. I actually have a lot to say, but I just haven't said it. There's plenty of time to get back into the SATP groove now that retirement has taken hold.
That's the topic for this entry - What I Did During My First Year of Retirement. I am very chronologically challenged, so I'll try to be as accurate as possible with times of the year.
June, 2015 Last NEA-RA as a member of the Board of Directors. Cliff came with me to Orlando and we stayed at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando. On my Spa Day, someone stole my cushion cut Morganite ring. The pretended they cared, but they didn't. Tracy Morgan and his family were staying at our hotel over the July 4th holiday. Disney World for the kids, no doubt. Cliff didn't feel well so I spent the day with the Region 38s swimming the lazy river instead of going to Disney.
July, 2015 The 20th shall forever live in infamy, to be known as "Heart Attack Day". That's right, Cliff (not me as some thought) christened my retirement by having a "Widowmaker" heart attack. Without going into detail, he had one blockage, and a stent was put in to open it up and begin three months of rehab, salt free food, and no smoking. If he does this again, I'll kill him.
August 2015 Healing Heart Attack Boy.
September 2015 I went to Arizona for two weeks. I love flying first class. I fell asleep and probably did something strange while doing so. Stayed with Maryann and engaged in therapeutic shopping and gambling at the Wild Horse Casino outside of Tucson.
October 2015 I saw my neurologist, Dr. Weisz for what turned out to be the last time. At the appointment he was training a student so the student did the exam, and it was the first time in the 6 years I had been seeing him that I had gone totally without symptoms. After the student told Dr. Weisz the results of his exam and Dr. Weisz came to the exam room very happy with the news and said he would see me in six months. A few days later I get a letter that says he retired. He must have been waiting to cure me? I also filed the paperwork to start my jewelry business which would open in November.
November 2015 symmetry handcrafted jewelry becomes an official business according to the state of Illinois. Where are my wholesale discounts, folks? I signed up to display and sell my wares in some Girls Night Out Shows at local restaurants and other venues. I was lucky to make my table fee, if that. It was good experience for setting up my booth, getting the supplies I needed and learning how to set up and take down fast enough. Thanksgiving we spent at San Souci. We brought our own turkey and stuffing. It didn't last very long. I had an excellent run at Four Winds.
...to be continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment