I never really got into a rhythm with this story. At first, I felt like I had walked in the middle of something that had already started. The pieces that gave me reason to feel this way were slowly revealed and it made more sense.
Sean and Rita didn’t give off a lovey dovey vibe. Sean like to annoy her and see her get angry. She had a chip on her shoulder that she took out on him. Even when they started to acknowledge the strengths in each others’ character, they still were outwardly antagonistic to one another.
So, there is a very good story here, but it didn’t get told in a linear enough fashion to get me emotionally invested early enough. Summer Brooks is an author I read a lot, so while this book just didn’t click with me, I would still have read it.
No comments:
Post a Comment