THE WORDT BEST FRIEND is Weston who falls for his best friend’s younger sister, Rachel. He was forever putting her first and rescuing her from first her childhood mishaps, and later from threats to her as an adult.
I loved Weston’s story about the impact of his servicing in the army in Afghanistan and why he enlisted. He seemed so confident and driven in everything he did except when it came to Rachel.
The two are the worst at communication so all sorts of unspoken feelings and miscommunications create the angst between this couple in the story. Surrounding their romance are the mysterious night visitors and thieves causing Weston’s hero gene to activate almost full time.
The story is steamy with the small town quirkiness and many side characters from previous stories. There were some slow spots I had to push through but I was really invested in the mystery and had to find out what happened.
I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
No comments:
Post a Comment