Saturday, April 23, 2022

Give Me Forever by Weston Parker

Hunter and Hailey are both characters from previous novels in this series.  What are the odds that all your guy friends met the love of their life starting out in a fake relationship?  In this case Hunter is the fifth guy of his group to be a billionaire AND enter into a fake relationship to make him appear more stable to investors.

I have read the other books in the series but I did have to make a list of who each guy was to Hunter, who their girl was, and how the girls were connected to Hailey because the others play a part in the story.  Part of the attraction of this book is the camaraderie between the characters.

The story itself was a little slow to me primarily because it was always a “one step forward, two steps back” kind of relationship.  You have two conscientious people each worried about what the other thinks about them without having the nerve to ask.

What I like best about this couple is how Hunter is a natural hero and protector for Hailey in the physical sense, but Hailey is equally protective of Hunter in how she makes sure his kindness is not taken advantage of.

I enjoyed reading this book and am submitting this voluntary review after reading an advance copy of the book from the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment