Thursday, April 21, 2022

Those Three Words by Alexis Winter

I decided to read this book because I like the single dad/nanny trope, but THOSE THREE WORDS is a lot more interesting than that.


Graham is 16 years older than Margot, a music teacher that was the victim of downsizing.  As she starts nannying for Graham and his daughter Eleanor, she finds herself dealing with, among other things, a nasty house manager who isn’t above sabotaging Margot’s job.


But it is Graham that takes the story to the interesting level with his almost instant and urgent attraction to Margot.  Graham has the possessive tendencies, the day after regrets, and the grumpy wall he puts up around himself when he loses control.  

I think it is also fair to say one of Graham’s best contributions to the story is his enticing choice of words describing his thoughts about Margot.  You will enjoy the book for his words and his abilities in backing up the words with actions.


No comments:

Post a Comment