I am a big fan of Hallman and Beck’s dark romances so it seemed natural to try a “normal” contemporary romance when I was given a chance. BABIES & PROMISES was about as far away from the books I have read by these authors as I could get.
I was really impressed with the feelings I got while reading this story. There was apprehension, dread, happy tears and more. I liked that that we got more of an idea of what was going through the guy’s head before the baby was born after only having been with the woman once.
Erica played it cool and smart. Rhett was the one we got to watch let go of his playboy ways and start thinking about being a dad. The only thing that would have made the story better would have been to let us enjoy Rhett and Erica’s romance a little more. I loved the dynamics of their extended family, too. I would have loved to know how Rhett measured up after his nightclub outing with Erica’s brothers.
So, in short this is a well told story that left me wanting more.
I received a free copy of this book via Bleeding Heart Press and am voluntarily leaving a review.
No comments:
Post a Comment