Tuesday, May 24, 2022

To Serve: A Police Romance by Kristin MacQueen

TO SERVE: A POLICE ROMANCE started out suspenseful and gritty from the first page.  Maddox had been undercover for 2 years trying to expose and organized crime family when Cali was kidnapped.  The first half of the book is Maddox and his partner Mason trying to protect and extract the women being abused and held captive while uncovering the leadership of the organization.

The second half is about Maddox and Cali after he saves her and she and her daughter move into Maddox’s building having nowhere else to go.  At this point I had a hard time believing that Cali was over the kidnapping so easily and her young daughter didn’t seem affected at all.

There are also a lot of people to keep track of.  I started to stop trying to remember who was who and what their relationship to Maddox was.

I really liked Maddox and wanted him to get his HEA.  I would have liked to see the romance develop a little more after he rescued Cali before they started to think they had feelings for one another.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.

No comments:

Post a Comment