THE OTHER BELLE is not a contemporary retelling of Beauty and the Beast. There are horses, swords and a bit of magic like a respectable fairy tale should have. Not only will you recognize elements of the original fairy tale, but the author casts other recognizable fairy tale personalities as secondary characters, further defining this fantastical world.
I was pleasantly surprised to see the story was inspired by Wicked, the retelling of the Wizard of Oz since I enjoyed how that retelling elevated the fairy tale to something beyond a bedtime story. In THE OTHER BELLE, the characters are forced to break from the fantasy world and face the real feelings of betrayal, anger, jealousy, fear, loss and love.
This is a departure from Whitney G’s contemporary romances. Read it without trying to make it fit certain expectations, and you will enjoy the journey into THE OTHER BELLE’s world.
I received an advance copy of this book and this is my voluntary review.
No comments:
Post a Comment