Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Mother Knows Best by Stella Stevenson

I wanted to read this book because of the second chance romance. The reality show angle, while in and of itself was not unique, the approach by including the contestant’s mother added a twist I knew would prove to be interesting.

Will and AJ were a wonderful couple. We periodically got glimpses into their past so why they didn’t stay together 8 years ago is not a surprise. The reality show part of the story adds some interesting secondary characters. There is a great deal of license taken with the rules of the show. We learn a lot about Will by how he treats AJ and the other women on the show.

The only thing that bothered me was the way Will let his mother have so much control over his life. The way it is explained makes sense, but still makes Will look a little less manly. AJ’s confidence and unwillingness to compromise some of most the important things in her life - and refuse to let Will do the same - made her the character I lived the most.

I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.

No comments:

Post a Comment