Sunday, March 26, 2023

The Set Up by Ainsley St. Claire

When I started reading THE SET UP, I was hooked from the start.  Single dad Grayson was floundering between intense work obligations and his twin 10 year old sons that ran off one nanny after another.

Scarlett was desperate for work.  Her husband left her and their daughter destitute after running off with money from investors.

So we have a great story with the right amount of steam, intrigue and danger.  Even going through the day to day lives with Scarlett giving the kindness and stability Grayson’s twins needed had me glued to the book.  Scarlett had her secrets and did her best to keep her distance from Grayson, but she loved her daughter and those two boys.

I really enjoyed reading about their relationship unfolding.  It had all the emotions - swoony, melancholy, and even mad.  The story has a happy ending but there is an overarching plot that was unresolved for the next book.  I look forward to it!.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.

No comments:

Post a Comment