The King brothers had to marry by age 29 and stay married for a year or the $100M trust each would get from their late mother would go to the family that had been feuding with the Kings for two generations.
There is so much emotion in this story from heat to heartache. Dawson King. for the first time, gets a look at how Bristol Cartwright has been living with her now deceased alcoholic father and starts to face what his family’s feud with the Cartwright has cost innocent people like Bristol. The fallout extended to the whole town that “sided” with the Kings and shunned the Cartwrights with no help from Bristol’s alcoholic father.
I was moved by many parts of this story - how Bristol was treated, her father, how they lived and her resilience. I felt bad for the position Dawson was in and loved how he cared about Bristol and had to find his backbone.
It is a really good story and it does stand alone very well, but I really loved Gentry’s story (the first book), too. The last book looks to be quite different from the others so I look forward to when it comes out.
No comments:
Post a Comment