:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Friday, June 18, 2021

My Enemy Next Door by Whitney G

This story is certainly an original idea and I enjoyed it.  It is about two people that met in college, were highly competitive and left with bad feelings between them.  They end up living next door to each other unbeknownst to them.  Chassie thinks she rented a soundproof condo, but she didn’t and Tyler has to decide what to do about a neighbor making loud sounds of carnal moments most of the night.

I liked the story because it was humorous but I also got the sense early on that there was much more to what happened between these two in the past than met they eye and I wanted to keep reading to find out what that was.  The author did a good job telling past events without being too disruptive to the flow of the present day story.  I didn’t like Chassie’s lawyer work and how Tyler ultimately responded to it.

It is a really good novella length story without any wasted moments.  The ending had a fun twist, too.

This is my voluntary review from reading an advance copy of the book.

No comments: