With so many tropes, what appeals to one reader can vary wildly, but it was as if STONE COLD was written just for me.
First, there isn’t a time in the story that I do not like Jovie. She didn’t whine when things got tough, she didn’t make everything into a drama, and she was kind, yet honest with her feelings.
If you are into doing what’s right, unrequited love, and loyalty (even undeserved), Stone is your guy. I usually don’t like jumping between the past and present, but in this story it explains what Stone and Jovie didn’t see when they knew one another by their connection to her boyfriend, Jude.
I admit this book started a little slow, but I am so glad I stayed on for the ride. When Jovie, Stone and even Jude cross paths for the first time just weeks before Jude’s wedding, it’s only a matter of time before those pining abandon their reasons for keeping quiet. The conclusion works so well with the story, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment