Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Such a Pretty face by Anabelle Costa

I have read all of Anabelle Costa’s books so I know when reading one I am going to visit an entirely difference plane of understanding and feeling than any other type of romance.  This was doubly true with SUCH A PRETTY FACE.

Having been on the receiving end of what Emily experiences in the story (and Costas hit the nail on the head with just about every situation), this was a difficult but important book for me to read. I kept wishing Emily would say more of what she was thinking, but I knew why she didn’t. I wanted to be irritated with how insecure she was about people’s motives and sincerity, but I couldn’t.

One of the really interesting things about the story is the parallel emotions, insecurities and problems going on between Emily and Brody given their different abilities and how they viewed themselves because of them.

It will be a long time before I forget this book and that’s probably a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment