I was completely immersed in this story. The romance is passionate and so poignant, and the complexity of Maggie’s situation with the inheritance of her father’s company was so carefully layered that I had to keep reading to see what happened.
Jonnie is such a sweetheart and he really showed the depth of his love for Maggie not only by creating Shangri La, but by the patience he had to stick with her during the tough times and never give up on them. I felt he was not always given the full measure of appreciation he deserved.
Maggie tried to do what was right for the family business, but for the wrong reasons. There were so many people that betrayed her trust and it wasn’t much of a surprise that she felt going it alone was her best option. She was wrong more often than not, but her family and Jonnie were there to catch her.
The romance has its conclusion and HEA, but one I the great mysteries in the story gets reveal just enough to ensure I must read the next book! This book has a great romance, but the adventure and danger are what kept me reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment