Having been a devoted fan of the series, Rick’s story was going to get my attention because, to put it mildly, Rick was a dirty dog PI; unmatched in both skill and loutish behavior. When it became clear he had his sights set on sweet Mary “Magdalene” it could only have meant he was up to some underhanded con, right?
The book that starts with Rick pestering Mary. She’s insisting she has work to do. Decker walks by triggering my almost Pavlovian response to his alpha-tude telling Rick, “In my office, sh!thead”. I knew at that moment we were off to a great start.
All reminiscing aside, this was an unexpectedly wonderful story. Wonderful because of the romance, the steamy encounters, and the affirmation that that right person can change your life. Unexpected because of the role religion played in the story and how Sloane Howell and Alex Wolf did what can only be described as a masterful job of keeping our favorite Cocky Suits characters as naughty and irreverent as they always are, while still being true to Mary’s faith.
So I came to this book dismissing Rick as an amusing boor and finished with tears because of how moved I was by how he expressed his love and devotion for Mary. As always, I regret that I now can no longer look forward to reading DIRTY PLAYBOY. Alex and Sloane have done it again.
I received an advance copy of this book from the authors to read and voluntarily provide an honest review.
No comments:
Post a Comment