This is the first book in what looks like will be series of blue blooded southern gentlemen becoming initiated into a secret club that their fathers and forefathers belonged to, when they turn 25. The initiation rituals are of a high degree of debauchery.
You will love Montgomery because he is a true gentleman. I liked that his protective and possessive instincts were always high. The rituals were out of character for him, but he had Grace. To make him even more swoon worthy, he visited his mom every Sunday.
Grace was the waitress that lived in a trailer who got invited to the initiation. What I liked about her is she knew when to let something go or when to fight for it. She was less experienced than Montgomery in the carnal arts. She was a strong and independent woman that could not be broken by a process that was designed to do just that.
The story and the plot twists are very well done. The dialogue is so smooth and effortless which is very important in a book told for both perspectives. I say, “read this book”.
No comments:
Post a Comment