:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Like A Boss by Annabelle Costa

I think I liked this story so much because of how the characters were attracted to one another for their intellect when they were younger, and Luke especially used that to push Ellie’s buttons.  When they met again 16 years later, and Luke was a ruthless, but successful businessman, some of that playfulness seemed to have faded with the priorities he had set in his life.  

This is just a really good book about what it means to love someone and both Luke and Ellie get tested in different ways.  As a reader, I always learn something new from Anabelle Costa’s books and consider that a bonus for getting the chance to read such a great story.

No comments: