:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Friday, October 30, 2020

Certified Playboy: Jace by Scarlett Avery

I totally smitten by Jace and I adore Eliana.  About a third of the way through the book I realize I am sighing and smiling about how romantic it was.

There was seriously never a dull moment in the book.  The steamy parts were delicious and, in true Scarlett Avery form, Jace was a the best kind of dirty talker.  He had every reason to be arrogant about how charming, gorgeous and talented he was.  He was so good to Liana by realizing what she needed to bring her back from the experience of her bad marriage and how he gave it to her without making her feel like she had ever been less than perfect to him.  And what is hotter than a bad boy rocker turned doting single dad?  Nothing, I tell you.  

Liana - first that name.  So many writers pick over the top names I suppose to be original or memorable, but the femininity of the name on a successful, professional woman perfectly pinned down how beautiful yet vulnerable and tough yet vulnerable the character Liana was.  

As far as the feeling evoked in the story - I felt them all, but, when writers put angst in their books, it is either believable as a human experience or a story element.  The dramatic moments in this story were told with such refreshing reality that I felt what the characters were feeling as it unfolded not as an observer reading a story.  

So, I loved this story, the characters, and am amazed how Scarlett Avery can keep weaving these original and heartfelt tales.

No comments: