:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Saturday, January 2, 2021

Heavy Crown by Sophie Lark

The last book in the series did a few things - told the much awaited Sebastian’s story, tied together some events that brought the other characters from the series together, and planted the seeds (literally) for the next generation of Chicago mafia family leaders.

But, HEAVY CROWN was about a love doomed from the start.  It’s about the bond between these brothers - Nero, Dante and Sebastian - and how they each have to bear the heavy crown of family leadership.  My favorite brother was always Dante, and just by the way he briefly appeared in this book, his whole story and how it made me feel came back to me.  I loved that.

The tragic direction of the pairing of Seb and Yelena was heartbreaking especially after they had been so consumed with love.  I really felt Seb’s fury, pain and need for revenge and Yelena’s helplessness and despair.

So along with drying eyes while staying up late into the night to consume this compelling read, it was also a story with the right amount and kind of heat.  I felt sad finishing the series because I felt there was one more story to be told, but I somehow think we’ll get at some of it in the next series.

No comments: