:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Friday, January 22, 2021

The Hate Vow by C. Hallman

I have read books by this author before, so I took the chance reading THE HATE VOW even though I don’t read MC romances proving that a good writer should be able to appeal to a wide variety of interests.

I do like dark stories, and this certainly fit the bill.  Ryder and Penny had a history that was important to the story.  I like how the author jumped briefly into the past seamlessly to tell us the relevant connections without interrupting the flow of the main story.

The encounters were steamy and not always lovey-dovey if you get my meaning.  They weren’t forced, but there were so many baggage issues with the past.  There is also physical violence that seems to be an MC thing.  It was important to the story, not just for the sake of it.

In summary, I am glad I trusted my instincts and relied on past experience with Hallman’s writing.  It is a novel worth reading.

No comments: